i haven’t posted in what seems like FOREVER!!! i’ve been neglecting my cause—my domestic goddess cause!! things have been pretty crazy lately. wedding planning, house shopping, dealing with my rowdy animal children…EXCITING STUFF!! really things are so fun right now. this year is already beginning as the best of my life…and if i’m going to be the wifey i want to be…i need to continue learning my way around a kitchen!
so i interrupt my wedding planning and house hunting to bring you…BREAKFAST PIZZA. our family has been eating this since 1991 (according to my mother’s impeccable recipe cards). this is my very favorite breakfast she makes, and i always request that she makes it on Christmas morning. this year…i requested that she teach me how to make it on Christmas morning!!! (times, they are a-changin!)
the detailed recipe is in the print-out below, but here are a few valuable tips from mama Gall that you should know before making this treat:
*Let the rolls warm 15 minutes before using – this will make working the dough much easier.
*If using a pizza pan – be sure to place a lined cookie sheet under to catch drippings.
*I almost always double this recipe it is so good.
*If doubling, you can bake this in a casserole dish or a sheet-cake pan, but will need to bake a little longer.
*Feel free to add your favorite herbs, cheese, meats and vegetables.
*I often use cooked bacon, ham, sauteed onions, a little Gruyere Cheese.
get creative! there are so many options for making this recipe your own.
i need some people to come visit us so i can make this breakfast every morning :)
you better come visit soon. because scout has her eye on this recipe as well!
- 1 pkg. Crescent Rolls
- 1 (16 oz) pkg. Jimmy Dean Sausage – (regular, hot or maple)
- 1 c. Shredded Hash Browns – thawed
- 1 c. Shredded Cheese – Mexican Blend or your favorite cheese.
- 5 eggs
- ¼ c. milk
- ½ t. salt
- ½ t. pepper
- 2 T. Parmesan – grated
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Take the Crescent Rolls out of the fridge 15 minutes before making.
- Spray pizza pan or a sheet cake pan.
- Brown the sausage in a skillet and drain.
- Spread the rolls on prepared pan.
- You will have to press and work the dough a little to make sure it covers the pan…pinch the pieces together.
- Spoon sausage over the crust.
- Spread the potatoes over the meat.
- Spread the cheese over the potatoes.
- Combine eggs, milk, salt, pepper, parmesan together in a separate bowl.
- Spoon the egg mixture evenly over the cheese.
- (TO RECAP THE LAYERING: ROLLS, MEAT, POTATOES, CHEESE, EGG MIXTURE)
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes.